The Doru Training Group Defensive Handgun Foundations course is a 3-hour class designed to give you a proper foundation in the core competencies of using a handgun safely and effectively for defense. This course will ground you in the proper stance, grip and trigger control methods greatly improving your accuracy at speed.
Topics covered during the course:
- Introduction firearms and firearm safety
- Proper grip for recoil control and greatest accuracy (natural point of aim)
- Proper stance for balance and accuracy
- Trigger control (the secret to accurate shooting)
- Sight alignment and proper aiming points
- Drawing from a holster
- Handgun manipulation-reloading and malfunction clearance
- Scanning and basic movement
Prerequisites: As always; must be free of criminal background and able to legally possess a firearm. Otherwise, None! This course is a perfect introduction to handgun safety and the basics of defensive handgun use. Meets requirements for Oregon Concealed Handgun license as well.
Equipment Needed: Your handgun, holster, 2 magazines, 1 magazine pouch, eye protection. NO LIVE AMMO! Wear comfortable pants with belt and shoes. If you do not have your own handgun, magazine, and holster, loaners are available at no extra charge.